Effective: August 10, 2020
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Customer Data and Other Information. We may collect and receive Customer Data and other information (collectively, “Information”) in a variety of ways. Customers or users granted access to the Services by a customer of ours may upload Customer Data to the Services. We may also collect and receive other Information in the following ways, including when you:
- Create or register an account;
- Administer your account;
- Upload Information to the Services;
- Submit questions, requests, other communications to us via forms, email, or other communication channels;
- contact us for technical or customer support;
- Interact with our social media accounts;
- Participate in contests, surveys, demonstrations, or other promotional or marketing events;
- Interact with other users and guests on our public forums;
- Apply for employment, or
- Integrate Third Party Services with your account.
Account Information. To create or update an account with us, you or our customer (e.g., your employer) provides us with Information related to the creation of accounts or that otherwise identifies you as a customer or a User. Information may include Personal information (as defined below), such as your name, email address, mailing address, age, gender or phone number. If you create an account using any third-party service (such as Google), we may collect Information about you from the third-party service provider (such as your username or user ID associated with the third-party service). By choosing to create an account using the third-party service, you authorize us to collect Information necessary to authenticate your account with that third-party service provider. In addition, if you purchase a paid version of the Services, you may provide us (or our payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and a billing address. If you are a User using the Services through an account created on your behalf by a customer of ours (such as an employer), we may collect and process Information about you on behalf of the customer with whom your use of the Services is associated.
Use of the Services. We collect information about how you use the Services and some of your actions on the Services, including IP addresses, what software and hardware you use (such as browser types, operating systems, ISP, platform type, device type, mobile device identifiers (i.e., make and model and mobile carrier)), metadata, pages or features of the Services used and associated dates and time-stamps, search terms, links you click, whether you open messages sent to your account, and other statistics related to your usage of the Services. We may also use tools, including third party tools, to collect analytics data. Some of this information is collected through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, such as web beacons and similar technologies. We may also work with third party partners to support our use of these tracking technologies. These are used by us to allow you access to our Services, identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security, assess the performance of our Services, help us understand how our Users use the Services, allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services, for instance, to identify you when you sign into our Services or to keep track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed, or to use first party or third party data to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third party sites.
Location Information. We receive Information from you, Users of our customers and other third parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. We may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
Contacts. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that a user chooses to import (such as an address book from a device) is collected when using the Services.
Third Party Data. We may receive data about organizations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, site visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from affiliates, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information more useful. This data may be combined with Information we collect and might include aggregate-level data or specific data.
You are under no obligation to provide Information to us, however, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as account Information, is not provided to us, we may not be able to provide the Services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Customer Data will be used by us in accordance with your instructions, including in the Terms or any applicable terms in any customer agreement with us and as required by applicable law.
To Provide the Services. We may use Information to provide the Services to you including:
- Responding to requests or inquiries from you;
- Providing customer support or technical assistance;
- Contacting you to provide updates to our products and services;
- Providing marketing materials for our products, services and features that you may be interested in;
- Monitoring the performance of our marketing efforts;
- Creating, managing, or administering your Information and account, including identifying you with your account or the account of a customer of ours;
- Billing you and processing your financial Information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Communicating with you about activities on our Services and policy changes;
- Undertaking activities to secure, verify or maintain the quality of a service;
- Allowing you to register for events, or
- Sharing with third parties for the purposes discussed below.
To Improve, Update and Protect the Services. We may use Information to improve, update and protect the Services including:
- To improve, upgrade or enhance our Services;
- For other business analysis or research purposes;
- To customize existing and future product offerings and other aspects of the Services to you and Users;
- To secure the Services and our systems, and to protect your Information and data;
- To protect against malicious, deceptive or illegal activity and to prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- To verify your identity and to prevent fraud;
- To debug and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- To enforce our terms and policies; or
- To comply with our legal obligations and as required by applicable law, rule, legal process or regulation, or as may be required for the public good;
- For audit purposes, or for other compliance activities.
If Information is aggregated or de-identified so that it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, we may use it for any business purpose.
You may access, correct, amend, or delete Information by accessing it within your account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information you delete may be retained in archived or backup copies in order to enable you to use certain features of the Services. For any questions regarding managing your Information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that permanent deletion of Information through this process may impair or disable those features with respect to that Information.
We may use Information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional email or other communications about new features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your Information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking “Unsubscribe” (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION
- If you request us to do so, or otherwise gave your consent.
- In accordance with a customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in a customer agreement, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- With vendors we engage to help provide you with the Services, such as data storage, hosting, and payment processing.
- With third-party service providers who enable certain features or functionalities of the Services that you have requested.
- With vendors we engage to help us with marketing and email campaigns, to advertise, gain insights, and perform analytics into how the Services are used and how they might be improved.
- As necessary to comply with applicable law, including governmental requests, law enforcement requests, and otherwise to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others.
- As necessary in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, reincorporation, change of control, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, financing, bankruptcy, public offering, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock.
- To allow for Users, and other representatives and personnel of our customers to be able to access, modify, or restrict access to Information.
Customers of the Services may enable or permit users to enable Third Party Services. We require the Third Party Services to disclose all permissions for Information access in the Services, but we do not guarantee that they do so. When enabled, we may share Information with such Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by us and third parties that have been granted access to Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection, use, and sharing.
We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Information for any legitimate business purpose. For example, we may share aggregated and/or de-identified Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes or for statistical and analytical purposes.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect and store. Unfortunately, given the nature of communications and information processing technology, we cannot guarantee that Information during transmission over the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our possession will be absolutely safe from destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access by others. When you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse any third-party sites. If you believe your Information may not be secure for any reason, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
The Services are not directed to anyone under the age of 18 (or other age as required by applicable law) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our files as soon as is practicable.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We process and store information on servers located in the United States, and we may store Information on servers and equipment in other countries, including the locations of our users and third party service providers. By using the Services, you agree to the transfer of Information, including Personal Information, to locations that may be outside of your country of residence, including the United States, for us to provide the Services. You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of providing any Information, you can legally transfer it to the United States or another country. The terms of the European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, are used to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our customers that operate in the European Union and the United Kingdom, and other international transfers of Customer Data. Please contact us for a copy of our Standard Contractual Clauses. To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, have certain statutory rights in relation to their Personal Information. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Personal Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct Personal Information. You can usually do this by contacting the Administrative User of the entity providing you access or using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, please contact the customer who controls your access to the Services. Depending on where you live, you may have a right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT